Thursday, March 31, 2011

Build a Blossom

Today was the first time I got to play with my new punch and its partner Build A Blossom stamp set. I really believe this is one of the most versatile stamp sets I have seen. You can do all kinds of things with it - from vintage to elegant to just plain silly. My goal for my next several blogs is to see what I can come up with using this punch and stamp set.

Here is my first one:


I used the jumbo wheel stamp "Friendly Words" inked with So Saffron ink to create a light background on a 5" x 3 3/4" piece of Very Vanills Cardstock
I then used the flourish stamp from the "Elements of Style" stamp set inked in Not Quite Nave to stamp over the background. Then I attached a piece of 3/8" Not Quite Navy taffeta ribbon to this panel

Once that was done I stamped Very Vanilla card stock with the largest. petals in So Saffron, after stamping off. Then I just punched them out. The smaller petals were punched out of Very Vanilla and sponged with So Saffron ink. I assembled the petals to form a flower, adhering them to
each other with glue dots. A yellow rhinestone was glued to the center of the flower. The flower was then glued to the left side of the above panel

"Friends" and a flourish from the "Tiny Tags" stamp set was stamped in Not Quite Navy on Very Vanilla card stock. These were punched out Jewelry Tag punch. A piercing tool was used to make a hole in the top of each tag. Linen thread was run through the hole and tied to the ribbon.

Finally this panel was attached to a Not Quite Navy card base, 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".

Whew! I sure hope this makes sense.

I can hardly wait to try something totally different tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment