Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beautiful Butterflies

Wow! I just got my "Beautiful Wings"embosslit die and had to try it out. I absolutely love it. It cuts and embosses 5 butterflies, the distance bewteen wing tips range from 5/8" to 1 7/8". I put 2 on the outside and 3 on the inside.


Click To Enlarge

I formed a Pink Pirouette card base. I cut out a piece of Basic Gray card stock and adhered a piece of 1/8" Pretty in Pink Taffeta ribbon 1 3/4" from the top and a second one 1 1/2" from thte bottom. The I centered and attached this panel to the pink card base.

Then I stamped the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set rose in Basic Black ink on the top part of my Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped a second rose onto a sheet of copy paper, cut it out, and used it as a mask. I then stamped the lily from the same stamp set on the bottom of the vanilla card base, making sure part of it overlapped the rose. I created a mask for the lily. I coverd both the rose and the lily with their masks. Finally,I stamped the last flower from the set between the rose and lily.

I colored the rose with Pink Pirouette and Pretty In Pink inks and the lily with Melon Mambo, Peach Parfait and Basic Black. I cut the flowers out on the right side only and then attached the resulting piece on the top left of the gray panel.

I cut the butterflies out of Whisper White scraps with the embosslit and sponged them with Pretty In Pink ink .

I punched out 1 3/8" x 5/8' oval in the Pink Pirouette and stamped my sentiment on it. I dotted a border around the oval. Then I placed the oval between the ribbons.

Materials:

5 1/2" x 8 1/2 " Pink Pirouette card stock scored and folded at 4 1/4", plus a 2" x 1" for punch

3 1/2" x 4 3/4" Basic Gray card stock

2" x 4" & 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" Very Vanilla Card stock

2 - 4" pieces of 1/8" Pretty In Pink taffeta ribbon

Basic Black, Mellon Mambo, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, Peach Parfait and So Saffron Inks.

Beautiful Wings embosslit

1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment