Sunday, March 6, 2011

Amazing Ink

I love ink. Before I discovered Stampin'Up's ink I had almost every brand you can think of - at least 8 or 9 different brands. But what I have learned in the 8 months of using Stampin'Up products, is that their product can do everything the others can do. There is no need to buy so many different kinds of ink. The advantage of Stampin'Up is the graduation of shades for each color family. It allows you to blend colors in the most beautiful ways. The card below is the result of working from yellow to darker shades orange:


Click To Enlarge

I started out with a 3 1/2"x 3 1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock.
I brayered it with a light coat of So Saffron ink. Then I brayerd a light coat of Peach Parfait ink on all of the panel, except for the top left corner. Finally I brayered Pumkin Pie ink on the right side of the panel.

I then stamped the palm tree from the Plant Hope stamp set on the left side of the panel. Using the Basic Black Stampin'Write marker I colored in the trunk and spines of the palm leaves and drew 2 birds to the right of the tree. I sponged Basic Black ink at the bottom of the panel to represent the ground and used the black marker to draw in blades of grass. I stamped the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set on the right side. Finally I used the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen to hilite the trunk and leaves.

I know I have seen a card similar to this some where on line, but cannot remember where. I am so sorry!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment