Thursday, March 10, 2011

Friendship Card

I have a great friend who has recently returned from a month long trip to the Texas Valley and Mexico. When she came home she was bearing gifts - yummy tamales, grapefruit and a great yellow leather purse. Wow! Talk about being spoiled!!! And I am proud to say I shared everything with my husband, except for the yellow purse. Anyway, the card below is my thank you card to her. However, I am contemplating how I can repay her in the future. I am sure you will see what I come up with, because her gifts will be handmade.

Click To Enlarge

Materials: 1. 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Whisper White Card stock, scored and folded
4 1/4"; 5 1/2" x 1 1/4" and 2' x2" Whisper White Card stock.


2. 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" and 2" x 2" Real Read card stock.

3. Small scrap of Old Olive DSP

4. Inks: Real Red and Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Write Markers)

5. Other: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Friendly Words
Jumbo Wheel, corner punch, 1 3/4" Scallop punch, 1 1/4"
Circle Punch, Two-Step Bird Punch, sanil adhesive and
dimensionals, Tart & Tangy stampset., Real Red 3/8" taffeta
ribbon.
Making this card is fairly quick. Take the white card base and use the
Perfect Polka Dot folder to emboss it. Round the corners with the corner punch. Ink the Friendly Words wheel with Real Red ink and run it across the strip of white paper. Center and adhere a piece of Real Red 3/8" taffeta ribbon. Then mount this piece in the center of the red strip. Adhere this combo to the center of the card base. Punch out a scalloped circle from the 2" x 2" red paper. Use the markers to ink the cherry stamp, except for the leaves, and then punch it out with the circle punch. Use the Two-Step Bird punch to punch out leaves from the DSP paper. Attach the leaves tothe top of the cherry stamp. Glue the cherry piece to the scallop and attach the finished piece the Friendly Words piece.

Wow! I hope this makes sense. I am in a rush to make an appointment. So, pleaase forgive any errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment