Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SImple Card with Trendy Trees

Do you ever feel overwhelmed and a bit lost? Well, that would have described me for the last couple of weeks. There have been family members with health issues and big occassions and I just couldn't keep up. Hopefully, things will slow down and I will be back to card making.

The card I am going to show you is really simple. I will have to guess on the exact measurements, because the card was made, photographed and sent to a friend. Opps! I forgot to measure in the rush.

Materials: 1. Whisper White cardstock measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scoring and folding at 4 1/4" and 1 3/4" x 1 3/4", Pink Pirouette cardstock - 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" and 4 1/4" x 1"; Certainly Celery - 2" x2" and 4 1/4" .

2. Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, and Soft Suede classic ink

3. Trendy Trees and Sincere Salutations stamp sets.

4. Scallop Edge Border Punch

5. StamStamp-a-ma-jig

6. Melon Mambo Stampin' Write marker

7. Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder & Big Shot

I think you can put this card just by looking at the picture. The only thing that might need some explanation is the focal piece. Just stamp the leaves from the stamp set a little below the center in Certainly Celery. Then restamp the leaves in Wild Wasabi so that they are slightly to the right or left of the first stamped image. Draw in flowers with the Stampin'Write marker. Finally, stamp the tree trunk in the appropriate position. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure I got it where I wanted it.

The front of the white card was embossed 3/4 of the way down.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. PERFECT for spring! That stamp set (Sincere Salutations?) is a "must have" with those eight great greetings!

    ReplyDelete